Psalm 51

>> Saturday, October 4, 2008

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions,
Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Against you , you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother
conceived me.
Surely you desire truth in the inner parts;
you teach me wisdom in the
inmost place.

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
Save me from bloodguilt, O God,
the God who saves me,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise...
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart...

We read this Psalm (half spanish / half english of course!) this morning at our weekly devotionals with the other Crusade staff. I was so encouraged by David's desire to not only be cleansed of his sin - but completely renewed in spirit. Layo spoke about the ineffectiveness of our ministry when our hearts are fully in it; aren't 100% committed and submitted to the Lord.
After the last two stressful weeks, today was a breath of fresh air.
I've been convicted of my (not so holy) attitude at times and sincerely want to be transformed like David. I know my sins are forgiven. I know the Lord washes away my iniquities...but we're called to go one step further. Full time ministry requires that my will be submitted before His thrones, in order that God's will can be made known and accomplished. This has been my prayer - and I hope it will continue to be! "...renew a steadfast spirit within me...grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me...and my mouth will declare your praise."

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP