2 Kings 5

>> Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've been reading (pretty slowly) through 2 Kings... and have been loving what God's been teaching me. Lately I've been thinking about selfishness and greed in my life - and was challenged by these verses:

(v. 20) "I will run after him and get something from him" - Elisha's servant , Gehazi, ran after Naaman to get some of the sweet goods that Elisha refused to take in payment for healing his leprosy. Immediately I saw his selfish, greedy attitude. Convciting. Man, what am I running after these days? What am I selfishly seeking? Where is greed popping it's ugly little head up in my life?

It's a constant battle to make Phillipians 2:3 true in my life: learning how to see others as more significant than myself. My pastor has been talking a lot of ministry (at least on the podcasts I've been listening to) and what it looks like to minister to others. I want that to be true of me: to use my life to bless. to edify. to give Christ. to give of myself. to seek the gain of others.

(vs. 25) "your servant went nowhere" - Gahazi's reply to Elisha's questioning of his whereabouts. This is exactly where I'll go with greed. In seeking my own gain: nowhere.

May we continue to pursue the things close to His heart and learn to truly lay down our lives for others.

blessings galore!!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP