ramblings

>> Wednesday, January 28, 2009

as I stress about stupid things like not being caught up on Lost and what job I'll have when I get back to the states - all things that I'm looking to the world to fulfill, or can so easily rely on myself and the plans that I don't even have... wanting to know my future or simply have control of my life -I'm blatantly aware of my weaknesses, and strongly reminded of what I read in Kings today. In chapter 9 God pretty much threatens to destroy Israel if they don't follow his commandments - His own people! It struck me that just as God didn't need the Israelites, He doesn't need them... God doesn't NEED me.
BUT, I need God. I need him more than anything this world could ever have to offer...and I was challenged to ask myself if my life reflected that truth - do I live my life in a way that reveals I am desperately dependent upon the God of creation? Or do I still try to do it on my own. And do I really take sin in my life seriously? I think I've come to a point where sin is natural. It's such a part of who I am; it's expected. And it makes me like everyone else. The humans around me sin, so I will too... my view of holiness has totally been distorted! But - God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, I praise Him for that. And I praise Him that He's revealing the junk in my heart.
And ever encouraging verse made it's way onto my journal pages this afternoon: "my grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:0
anywho... that didn't come out how I'd imagined. I hope it makes sense. This is a pretty late rambling. I was reminiscing earlier about Costa Rica though and decided to post more pictures. The best ones are on F.book. But here's a couple more from the National Park we visited one day.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP