>> Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 weeks left!!!! from today. BAHHAhahahahhhhhhheeeeee (just a little giddy freak out cry)


We had a week of outreach based on 'esperanza' (hope), finished ministry on campus, did debrief with WSN, did debrief with our national directors... basically we're closing out relationships, saying long goodbyes, planning for the summer project, processing the year, saying more long Salvadorean goodbyes... It's the final leg!

Every time I talk to my family or friends at home, I get excited for June 30 (our arrival day). I get excited for prospects of hanging out with people I love; for hearing about people's lives and sharing all the Lord has done in mine this past year; for having normalcy and routine... well sort of... I am quite the P on the Myers Briggs scale if any of you are familiar; for seeking the Lord's will in my next life steps... I could really go on an on. Obviously, parts of me will be sad to leave this place. To say goodbye to the ministry we spent so many countless hours in prayer, planning, and on campus to build... and the real friendships we've begun to form with the staff and students. I suppose it's easy to reminisce (and we've been doing our share with debriefing, let me tell ya) all that this year has entailed and look back with abounding sentiments, but I'm surprisingly stoic these days. Maybe it's my response mechanism to the overwhelming idea of emotion overload. I would love to think it's my contentedness in where I'm at, but then I'm reminded of how I really don't want to go to that 9am planning meeting tomorrow... Well. Whatever state my roller coaster emotions choose to take me on a ride for in the next month or so, I pray that my heart and mind is first and always focused on the Lord and how I can minister to the people around me.

I've been thinking a lot about what life will look like when I go home and how my heart has been completely renewed for people and ministry. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about possible career prospects, but at this point am pretty much planning to do a lot of seeking. A lot of praying. Keeping my eyes open and my heart ready to be obedient. I have no concrete plans for the future, and in a way I'm thankful. I'll have some time to readjust to life in the states, and most of all, I'll have time to know and understand the Lord's will. It's pretty much all I want these days, is just to know Jesus and figure out what He wants for me... so I guess I'm doing okay after all.

2 Kings 25 says, "Have you not heard that I determined it long ago? I planned from days of old what now I bring to pass..." I find such comfort in these verses (well, let's be honest, pretty much any verses these days bring an Amen to the surface) Man. It's so simple. God knows. He HAS a plan. More than I can say.... and it's way better than mine would be anyways. Amidst all the unknowns that lie ahead I find peace and comfort in really trusting in Jesus to be my all. To be my joy and my hope... my reason for living life when I go home, whatever season I may happen onto.

Prayers for clarity in processing the year would be great, closing our time well, even for good re-entry and safety... but more than that - I ask that if you do lift up a request in the next couple weeks, would you pray with me that both of us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. That come what may, we are ready, faithful, and obedient to his calling on our lives. because as much as I'm in love with the fact that Jesus has made this my desire, I so long for it to be yours as well... gracias y te amo

1 comments:

Vicky June 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Hey.. my friend u are excited because u come home and we are sad because u leave El Sal ... but thanks for all Jenn i almost cry reading ur blog im blessing to find a great, loyal and funny friend in you . i just wanna spend this 2 last weeks wth all . I know when u come back everything is going to be different but God have a plan for us and he knows what we need ... love ya so much ...

  © Free Blogger Templates Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP